“From where I hail, it ain’t much cold yet. It wouldn’t even get much below zero here in the coldest days. Bloggers are mostly bundling up though which can’t be workin(g) for me, so I was wondering if you could give some ideas/inspo(inspiration) for daily dressin(g).“
Definitely, yes. I have been there and I have had to deal with that so I can understand-partly-your dilemma. Here are some ideas for you to remain stylishly warm along with some pictures for your daily “inspo”.
1. Don’t say no to coats. Honestly, “buy one if you like one” is what my motto has been and I have never regretted it. The advantages are manyfold, not the least of which being that if you ever have to move to colder climates you will have a half-ready wardrobe( ). Plus, this way you will stay on trend. The trick is how you wear them. Mid cold weather means that if a part of you is comfortably warm the whole of you would stay so. Meaning, bare your legs and cuddle in your favorite jacket. Or put on a sleeveless leather or faux fut jacket and bare your arms. In fact, maybe forget the bottoms completely and just throw on a long top with your jacket. The possibilities are endless yet would leave you on trend and sexy.
2. Shoulder it. If despite bared legs or even otherwise, your jacket or blazer feels like too much (hot) hassle, then just balance it on your shoulders and let your arms (and yourself) breathe in relief.
Side tip:- Use safety pins to keep the outerwear in place or it will keep getting in your way!p
3. Tie the knot. If it’s too warm for even hanging the ‘thick contraption from your shoulders, then tie your outerwear, even if it’s a cotton shirt that now leaves you too hot, around your waist and strut around like the rockstar you are.
Remember, this kind of weather is about layering, not just for style but for freedom to switch between your own temperatures by shedding off or putting on extra clothes.
4. Oh Midi! Honestly, the midi skirt with a crop top and a lace jacket is a fool proof look for mid-season weather! No matter how thick your top, the slight wind blowing in your skirt will not let you feel too warm. Till the hot boy passes by though. Then the jacket is a perfect excuse to fan yourself!
5. Stockings. Aren’t they are best friends? I love how they make me feel classy and keep me from the cold, perking up any dress. And the best part is, it’s perfect for the slight cold weather you talk about. Wear them under shorts for a girls’ night out or with a formal dress for the office holiday party. Either way you are good to go.
6. Ankle be-oo-ties. You know those mornings when it’s not cold enough to allow you to wear boots but you still want to? Enter ankle booties (yeah that’s what I am talking about, what were you thinking, you pervert). Efficient, stylish, comfortable and-well just the answer to your diva’s prayers. Again, depending on the weather couple with a skirt or jeans, the choice is yours (don’t let anybody tell you otherwise).
7. Go shirtless. Even braless. Be a bad ass….just close the buttons of your suit jacket before walking out the door! (Again, what were you thinking? Tut tut.) This has to be the hottest trend these days. Tailored pants and jackets, slicked hair, efficient makeup. Yet, the missing shirt keeps the formal wear perky and sexy, and ten degrees less hot.
I hope these tips help.
Here is my most prized look for the weather. A lightweight jacket with a barely-there chiffon top and mid-thigh skirts with ankle booties and stockings.
What is yours?