I recently read a book-it was authored by a man in fashion I respect a lot and I just loved that book. It gave direct pointers on what to do and what to avoid in fashion. I agreed with him mostly everywhere, but on two points.
1. He believed quite adamantly that nails should be lacquered with nothing more then a single coat. Not only should the bling and the texture be skipped, but rather the institution be returned to its boring previous form. Now, though I am not a big fan of the mile long nails covered in obnoxious atrocities which girls seem to pass as ‘bling’, but that doesn’t mean I hate the whole institution. That doesn’t mean I don’t drool over the new leather texture nail lacquer or the pretty nail art Zoey Deschanel keeps getting. It doesn’t mean the next time I am wearing something casual I wouldn’t like to spike it with bright, patterned nails. They key to this institution is not just to keep it within the limits of normality, to maintain the balance between elegant and over-the-top, but also to showcase your personality in the best possible manner! So, I disagree with him where he says the whole institution be abolished and rather support an end to the fake, gaudiness in some of the versions of nail art that are making the girls of our generation more shallow.
2. He also said that slicked back (gel hair) buns should be avoided at all costs. Again, I disagree. There have been instances where I have seen the gel-slicked hair buns work so fabulously on people that I almost got coronaries. The key is knowing your face structure and styling your hair accordingly. If I with my small forehead was to get a heavy fringe, I would end up looking like an anorexic mouse. But a girl with a larger forehead and pretty eyes would just rock the fringe. So, next time you style your hair, worry not if its too gel-ed or not. Think only of your face structure and if it looks good on it or not!
Having told you what I disagreed with, let me give you a glimpse of what I do also think should be avoided:
1. Head-to-toe following the latest fashion trends.
2. Throwing on anything and then calling it vintage.
5. Showing your bra for the heck of it, despite the filth on it
6. Hairy legs under hose
7. Matching your mate (seriously?)
8. Visible panty line (it can never be a fashion statement for me)
9. Gloppy Mascara
10. Baggy But
Honestly, I just loved the whole book. If you want to know about the author or the book, mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers and lots of love!