1. RBJ-We all know the time old craze for the black leather “bomber” jacket and some of us are familiar with how the urge to own one feels. But as soon as it seemed most of us had acquired our own perfect versions, the fashion industry being the fickle one it is, moved on to the “red bomber jacket”. But I can’t fault them with that for boy do these look hot. And oh-so-edgy. Dress it up, or dress it down, there aren’t many ways to go wrong with this one so it’s not just necessary but imperative that you invest in one ASAP (maybe from here?)! And while you are at it, get a brown one too-you can never have too much leather after all.
2. Plaid-When this print resurfaced this year as the show stopper for so many designers, I was not shocked. I was just amused. How long would that last this time, I thought to myself. But, I tell you, we got well played, for this trend has not just taken strong roots in the fashion scene, it seems to be going nowhere any time soon. So, let’s stop mocking the Scot gods for bringing these back and get our you-know-whats to the mall. It’s time to do some shopping. (Tip-plaid print pants are hot, versatile, and much easier to handle then other plaid items, so they can be an easy start for the less courageous amongst us.)
3. Camo-There is nothing much to say about this one except this-every designer has taken it up as a new hobby. Designing the most out of the box versions of all things Camo-from shoes to bags to frigging umbrellas. Although some of them are less then spectacular (understatement), there are some great works out there too. I suggest buy some of this inventive stuff. Not just because anyone who knows anything about fashion is already lining up to do so, but also because there is something to fit into everyone’s unique style. And, hell, it is fun! Here is where you can get the above one from.
4. Weirdo bags-Well, not weirdo exactly. Just “out standingly” designed bags. Kidding. What I meant was that you invest in one of those bags in these that look anything but. They are not just fun, but it would take time for any thief to decide if what you are carrying is a 19th century telephone set or an actual bag. There-bag theft crisis resolved as surveys show thieves have been out witted by our very own designers (why then are we still paying taxes for the police….hmmm…) as the number of stolen bags reported falls drastically all over everywhere. 😉
(P.S. Special thanks to my love, Charlotte Olympia, for starting the craze).
5. Crazy (awesome) hair accessories-That about sums it doesn’t it? You don’t have to splurge a lot of money on this one. In fact keep it cheap. Maybe go to a nearby costume shop and get what you need, for although fake almost-crowns and funky head jewelry is starting to be the rage, this fashion isn’t going to last long. But, enjoy it while it’s here and walk around like the princess (or queen) that you are. That’s right, show them who you really are.
Note-if you get thrown out of your ‘sobriety’ club for acting like a queen, it’s on you. Or on your club. Forget I mentioned a tiara. In fact, forget the whole dang article.
You know I love you.