Let’s face it, leather skirts and jean play-suits, no matter how cute they might be, are not what the “every girl” would like to reach out for when the sun is out on a mission to burn us down to our bones and when staying cool beats ‘looking chic’ on its way to become our top priority.
However, we can’t let that happen, can we? We refuse to give in to the heat and become sad enough to not bother about how we look. That’s for the faint hearted. Not for those who still want to hold on to their self esteem. Not for those who prefer a challenge.
So, when the question was put to stylish women who seem to pull off the ‘laid back summer chic’ look to perfection, here is what we got-a list of go to, fool proof looks sure to leave you looking chic no matter how hot it is outside.
1. The ‘Coachella’. Inspired by festival dressing there is an obvious reason this look comes into limelight in these summer months. Two words-short and comfortable. Anything in your wardrobe living up to those words is perfect for this look. Crop tops, short shorts, huge hats and flats with bright and catchy accessories and satchel bags will complete this look for you making it perfect for the laziest and warmest of days.
2. Back to basics. White tees, blue jeans, mini skirts, collared shirts, bright bags and big sunnies-you get the picture right? Keep it minimal, yet add a touch of yourself via the accessories or a bold statement on your shirt and you are good to go.
3. The Bohemian. This look is not just the easiest to pull off but it also allows you to be at complete ease while keeping you from getting too hot. All you need for this look is an eye-catching, breezy maxi dress with dainty sandals and as much arm candy as you can take coupled with the up-do of your choice. And, just add your favorite shades, for that extra something.
4. Go shear. And feel just as sexy as you would like, while staying cool. 😉
5. The tunic. Tunics have to be the best and most investment worthy item for this summer season. Light, loose, sexy and versatile, your wardrobe is just begging to have some of these. Couple them with jeans, shorts or even tights and they would give a different finish every time.
7. Midi-love. These stylish, ‘airy’ and easy to carry skirts are perfect for those days when even the touch of cloth on your legs seems like too much to handle. To make it perfect, couple it with a crop top.