When the hottest season in town walks in, we can do nothing but stare and gulp down that cold drink in front of us to take away the sudden dryness in our mouths. To cool our own selves down.
Here are four of our favorite recipes for delicious drinks that will help you do not only the afore mentioned, but which are also undeniably easy to make.
1. Mexican Iced Coffee-This drink, let me warn you, is not for the faint hearted. The flavors are definitely strong, however, it somehow balances everything within itself helping it stop at the brink of crossing over to the ‘dark side’. When in mood for something different, do give it a shot. I copied Deborah Schneider’s recipe from here, except that I substituted the liqueur with coffee extract (espresso would do as well) and cut down a bit on the cream.
2. Shamrock Shake-Ok, this isn’t much different from your vanilla shakes, and yet a completely different experience. I use the recipe given below, which I borrowed from Emily Schuman, though when making it for myself I skip on the cream.
1 1/2 cups of whole milk (less milk if you prefer thicker shakes)
2 large scoops of premium vanilla ice cream
1 tsp of peppermint extract (or essence if you cant find that)
2 dashes of mint bitters (optional for flavor and color)
2 drops of green food coloring (if you’re not using bitters)
Whipped cream (for the topping).
Method:1. Place all ingredients into a blender, in the order they are listed.
2. Turn blender on and mix until you reach your preferred consistency.
3. Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream.
3. Berry Blast-This drink is a roller coaster ride for your taste buds, and at the same time it’s extremely healthy and rejuvenating making it a necessity for facing the upcoming heat waves.
Ingredients:3/4 cup chilled orange juice
1/3 cup chilled pineapple juice
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries
1/2 banana, sliced
Method:1.In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla.
2. Toss in the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into chilled glasses, top with chopped berries and serve.
Frozen Blueberry Lemonade-We all love our lemonade on those burning hot evenings when even breathing seems like too much work, but the drink can get boring. This recipe is one way to spice it up. The best thing about this drink is, you can have as much as you want with minimum guilt about gaining too much weight
I hope you enjoy your drinks and summer.
Until next time,