- Wear it as a dress. My rule is, if it is long enough and you can button it up, pair it with stockings and you are good to go. Honestly, give it a try. You will love it-especially thanks to the extra warmth you will get from this particular ‘dress’.
- Couple it with a fine mix of ‘polished’ and ‘laid back’. How? Pair it with a nice collared shirt but add some spunk via a chic sweater. For an extra dose of casual add some nice fitting boyfriend jeans. Note:-this can be an easy day to night look, exchange your flats for some heels. Add bright earrings. a red lippy and a nice clutch and you are good to go.
- Twist things up by pulling it over a midi-skirt. Add a matching accessory (scarf, shoes, bag-any one of them) and you are sure to stand out. Note-try avoiding flats with midi-skirts, that is prone to make you look shorter and less pulled together.
- Less is definitely more. And keeping it simple is the best way to go. Wear it with a sweater in a muted shade (the more over-sized it is, the better), your favorite skinnies and easy-to-walk in boots.Go with the latest style of laced up boots, again preferably in a muted tone unless you want to stand out in the crowd. Then your thigh-highs would work just as well.
- Not cold enough for jackets where you are? Do it like the bloggers do. Layer a light-weight sweater with a favorite shirt and let the coat act as an accessory on your shoulders. You can pull it on if the night gets too chilly but if it doesn’t, well you won’t be too warm. Personally I feel its best to wear your coat like this if you are wearing skinnies but if you are feeling bold, couple it with a mini for a hotter look.
- Add a pop of red. Nothing works better with a muted plaid, especially if it is in a shade of grey, than a little addition of something red. It can be via your bag, shoes or even your scarf, but if you keep everything else monochrome, the little bit of red will give both character and life to your outfit.
- Sunday chic.Going out for a Sunday brunch? Grab your comfiest boyfriend jeans, add that favorite tee from your college and pair it with a nice pair of flats, preferably ones with a boyish touch. Complete your look with your favorite plaid jacket. And go stuff up on that brunch while snapchat-ing your “weekend” look.